These healthy paleo brownies are gluten free, paleo, sugar free, dairy free, grain free and vegan! With just 3 ingredients, they are quick and delicious. They’ll give you that sweet dessert you are craving if you’re on a low or no sugar diet, plus they pack a punch of protein!
Healthy 3 Ingredient Paleo Brownies
I recently started on a crazy, restricted diet that is designed to help heal my leaky gut and take care of some rather major health issues I encountered. I’ve been following recipes that are autoimmune protocol (AIP) or paleo as they tend to cater to the ingredients I can use for my Lyme’s disease diet. I haven’t been allowed any sugar or sweetener of any kind and I’ve been going crazy. I needed something to hit that sweet craving I’ve been having and these paleo brownies did the trick.
If you are used to sugar-filled desserts then you likely will be underwhelmed by these, but if you are on a restricted diet then you’ll likely find these are a godsend! Since they are made with just three ingredients they are quick and easy to whip up.
Paleo Brownies Ingredients
The paleo brownies consist of three simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- 1 cup mashed bananas (you can also substitute sweet potato or pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (no salt or sugar added – just almonds)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (you may also use cocoa powder but you’ll lose the superfood element then)
Paleo Brownie Instructions
Not only are the ingredients simple and straightforward, but the instructions are too! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin with oil.
In a blender or food processor, mix almond butter, bananas and cacao powder together and mix until smooth. Pour into mini muffin pan until full (they won’t rise). Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool, then remove from pan. Store in the fridge (they freeze well too).
I made this batch for my daughter’s birthday so I added some sprinkles to the top of some of them before baking. Obviously, the sprinkles aren’t healthy so only use them for special occasions!
Print Healthy Paleo Brownies Recipe
Healthy 3 Ingredient Paleo Brownie Bites (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup mashed bananas may substitute sweet potatoes or pumpkin
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter no salt or sugar added
- 1/4 cup cacao powder may sub cocoa but you won't get the superfood benefits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini muffin pan with oil.
- In a blender or food processor, mix together all ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture into mini muffin pan, filling each cup to the top (they won't rise).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool and then remove from muffin pan. Store in the fridge.
Pin Paleo Brownies Recipe