My daughter chose a Moana party theme this year for her Birthday party and I was on the hunt for the perfect Hawaiian party food ideas. I made these easy Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders with pineapple on Hawaiian rolls and they were such a big hit at the party that two pans of them were gone in no time! These are so quick and easy to make for a crowd too!
The combination of pineapple, ham and cheese, topped with a buttery garlic sauce was out of this world. It was exploding with flavor and easy to eat with your hands. It’s easy to say these ham and cheese sliders with pineapple have landed themselves in our regular recipe rotation!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Start with a package of Hawaiian buns and slice them in half horizontally (as a whole sheet). Place them in a 9 x 13″ casserole pan (I used a glass casserole). The wonderful thing about this ham and cheese sliders recipe is that you can make as many as you want! I did two pans for our party. I have also done just one pan to serve as an easy dinner for our family.
Layer your ham and cheese over the top of the buns. I used about 7 ounces of ham, overlapping one another and 4 ounces of block cheese, sliced thick.
Then top with pineapple slices. I used canned pineapple packed in 100% juice. You could also use fresh pineapple and it would be excellent! Every great Hawaiian slider needs pineapple and these ham and cheese sliders are no exception!
Then add your top layer of buns to finish off the layers of your ham and cheese sliders with pineapple.
Melt butter (I melted in a glass Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave, you could also melt on the stove) then add garlic and Worcestershire sauce together and stir. Pour over Hawaiian buns evenly.
Cover with foil and bake the ham and cheese sliders for 30-40 minutes until butter is absorbed and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. We served ours with the foil over them at the food table to help keep them warm at an outdoor party. It worked great!
Print the Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe:
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 7 oz deli sliced ham
- 4 oz colby jack cheese sliced thick from the block
- 6 pineapple slices canned in 100% juice or fresh
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice buns in half horizontally to create a sheet of bun bottoms. Place in a glass 9x13" casserole dish.
- Top with ham, cheese and pineapple. Add top buns layer to the top.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and mix. Pour over the tops of the sliders evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes until butter is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Pin the Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders image below for later!