There is a new favorite recipe in our house so I just had to share it with you. These meatball Parmesan stuffed shells are absolutely AMAZING and they are EASY too! Two of my favorite things when it comes to weeknight meals. The flavor of the melty cheese and Italian meatballs sandwiched inside a jumbo pasta shell just can’t be beat. I’m sure you’ll add this to a list of your family’s favorites too!
One must have when it comes to weeknight recipes are that it has to be kid-pleasing too. This one fits the bill and everyone in my family loves it!
You’ll need jumbo pasta shells, Italian style meatballs (I used the Simek’s meatballs pictured above), cottage cheese (ricotta works too), mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, an egg, a jar of spaghetti sauce (I used tomato basil), salt and pepper. Scroll to the bottom of the post to print the recipe and view exact amounts!
Begin by cooking your pasta shells according to the box directions. Drain them and set them aside. (This is my most favorite pot ever to make pasta in) I typically add a little olive oil in mine and toss them so they don’t stick together. Make sure you don’t overcook them! A little crunchy still, or al dente, is perfect.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a casserole pan (I use my favorite Rachel Ray casserole dish) and set it aside.
Then combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
Next, stuff your shells by placing one meatball inside the shell.
Then stuff it with your cheese mixture. Use about a tablespoon or a little more to fully stuff the shell.
Place stuffed shells in casserole pan with the opening of the shell facing up.
Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce over the shells to cover them.
Top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
*TIP* If you’d like to freeze it as a freezer meal for later then you would freeze it at this point. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil and freeze. I’d suggest making it in a foil pan as well. Find more freezer meal recipes and tips here.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Serve immediately. This makes enough to serve about 5 people. You can also double the recipe and make it in a 9×13 pan to serve 10 people. These taste amazing fresh and leftover!
Inside each meatball Parmesan stuffed shell is a yummy meatball surrounded by cheese! YUM!
Print the recipe below! Be sure to share on Facebook and pin it for later so you can easily find it!
Easy Meatball Parmesan Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 12 Simek’s Italian Style Meatballs
- 8 oz cottage cheese Ricotta also works
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup shredded Paremsan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 egg
- 12 oz jar tomato basil spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a casserole pan and set aside.
- Cook jumbo pasta shells according to box. Drain and cool. Coat with a little olive oil to prevent them from sticking together.
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
- Stuff shells with 1 Simek’s Italian Style Meatball and about 1 tbsp of cheese mixture so that shell is full.
- Place shells in greased pan with open side of shell facing up.
- Top with jar of spaghetti sauce and remaining 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.