These Chocolate Macaroons are easy to make and taste oh so delicious! These are the perfect treat to bring to dinner or freeze for later! I love easy treats that freeze well because I can make them ahead of time and pull out a few anytime I get a craving.
Combine the egg whites, sugar and coconut flakes in a saucepan and stir over medium low heat.
Cook for 8-12 minutes until your moist mixture suddenly becomes drier. It will go from looking like this…
To looking drier like this. Then add in the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix well. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Place in fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
Once cooled, remove from fridge and scoop balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Use parchment paper or a Silpat mat on your pan to prevent them from sticking. Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Cookies will be firm to the touch once they are done.
Cool completely on the baking sheet and then transfer to an airtight container or freeze them! Print the recipe below or pin it to save it for later!
Easy Chocolate Macaroons Recipe
- 1 Cup egg whites
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 3 Cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine egg whites, sugar, and coconut flakes in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat for 8-12 minutes until the sticky, moist dough suddenly becomes drier.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool.
- Use a scoop to form 1 inch balls and drop them on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat nonstick mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Cookies should be firm to the touch.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet and then transfer to an airtight container.