What’s a Birthday party without the cake?! That is one of my most favorite parts about planning the party is choosing the cake. We went a totally different route than our norm this time. You can click the links to see my past Firetruck Cake, #1 Cake and Dora the Explorer Cake. You can also check out my how to make cake pops post which is a really fun Birthday treat too!
Since we did a Strawberry Shortcake themed party this year then we just had to make Strawberry Shortcake with Angel Food cake, strawberries and cool whip! I used this great Long Loaf Pan from Wilton which is perfect for making Angel Food cake in and makes it easy to slice pieces to serve your guests.
Once you’ve made your angel food cake in the pan then you simply set it upside down to cool. The feet make it stand up off the board so it can cool properly.
Danika was so excited to be getting a giant sized cupcake for her Birthday. Using the Giant Cupcake Pan from Wilton made it really easy to bake and it got so many compliments at the party. This is by far the easiest cake I’ve done yet! I topped it with a number 3 candle and a Strawberry Shortcake figure. Danika LOVED it! She was so excited about the pink frosting too!
One thing I discovered while baking the cupcake was that the bottom half cooks faster than the top half. The pan is split into two sections for baking, the top and the bottom and then you place them together with frosting. Trim them flat first, add frosting and place together. I gave the bottom half of my cake a good ten minute head start on the top half. Just add your cake batter to the top half of the pan after ten minutes or so to obtain even cooking results.
Danika had such a great party and everyone loved the cakes. We also did regular sized cupcakes on the Wilton dessert stand which made for a great display! I love that cupcake stand as it always gets oohs and ahhs at the parties!
Why we love it: Wilton products offer great quality and they’ve never disappointed me. The long loaf pan is perfect for making angel food cake loaves and bakes them great. The giant cupcake pan is a crowd pleaser and a staple for celebrating Birthday’s of every age!
Suggestions for improvement: It would be great if the cupcake pan was able to cook more evenly however due to the natural shape of the cupcake the top is smaller than the bottom so this is hard to avoid.
Buy It! You can buy the Long Loaf Pan and Giant Cupcake Pan on Wilton’s site as well as at retailers near you!
Here is how to enter to win:
- Visit Wilton and tell me which product you’d most like to try.
*Remember to include your email address in your comment if it is not visible on your profile or you will be disqualified.
- Subscribe to Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves by Email (not feed)-remember to activate your subscription! Current subscribers count too.
- Follow my blog publicly-Current followers count too!
- Enter any of my other giveaways– Leave a comment saying which giveaway you entered-you may leave a separate comment for each extra giveaway you enter-LIMIT 5 extra entries-this means you enter 5 different giveaways and comment on each one you entered up to 5 max entries.
- Blog about my giveaway and link back to my site-must link to this specific giveaway and include a picture of the prize-Leave the URL where you blogged-3 extra entries
- Grab my button-leave the URL where it is posted
- Grab my Birthday Bash button-leave the URL where it is posted
- Follow Me AND Wilton on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway-You may Tweet daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit 1 per day. Copy/Paste this tweet:
Win a Giant Cupcake Pan & Long Loaf Pan from @WiltonCakes! #giveaway #mnmamamusthave Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/3ns4dgb ends 4/27
Leave the URL where you Tweeted.
- Like Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves on Facebook-leave your facebook name with your comment.
- Like Wilton on Facebook
- List this giveaway in the following format (or something similar) on any giveaway linky, site
MMMH-Giant Cupcake Pan & Long Loaf Pan from Wilton-ends 4/27
One extra entry for each place you list it.
- Update your facebook status with a link to this giveaway. You may update it daily for an extra entry per day that you do it. You can copy and paste the following into your status:
I just entered to win a Giant Cupcake Pan & Long Loaf Pan from @Wilton Cake Decorating and @Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves! You can too: http://tinyurl.com/3ns4dgb Ends 4/27
Leave me the link to your update and make sure it links to both me and the sponsor (you can do this by following both and selecting us from the list when you type in @)
- Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post (review only posts are great). One entry per comment left.
- If you grabbed the Birthday event button early and commented on the post then take your 5 extra entries-leave the URL
- If you blogged early and commented about it then take your 5 extra entries-leave the URL
Open to US only. Giveaway ends April 27th at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random.org and announced on this blog as well as emailed. Products reviewed were provided to me free of charge. No compensation was given in exchange for this review. My opinion is my own and is an honest view of my experience with the product. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Email address must be in at least one comment or visible on your profile to win. Good Luck!