This time of year we often find ourselves indulging in all sorts of sweet treats that taste great but aren’t so amazing on our waistlines. If you are in search of a healthier recipe that you can serve your guests that still tastes amazing then this whole wheat cinnamon apple cake is for you! I have been craving apples with this pregnancy and I eat them everyday. They are one fruit that still tastes great and doesn’t cost a fortune in the Winter here in Minnesota. I find that I use them a lot this time of year. This cinnamon apple cake hit the spot when it came to my pregnant cravings! It’s easy to make and you can easily whip it up while last minute guests are on their way over!
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
Healthier for you cake that tastes great!
- 2 Cups Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Apples baking varieties, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- Topping: 1 Tsp Cinnamon mixed with 1/4 Cup White Sugar optional
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in half of dry mixture along with half of milk.
- Add remaining dry mixture and milk and mix well.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Top with cinnamon sugar topping. (topping is optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
This cake is so quick and easy to whip up and it tastes delightful!