If you’ve ever been pregnant then you’ve probably heard of the What To Expect…series from Heidi Murkoff. When I first got pregnant with Danika it was one of the first books I consulted and one that stuck with me through my whole pregnancy. Now that I’m pregnant with my third child I not only have the books but I also have the app on my iPhone! Well up until now the serise stopped after the first year. I’m excited to share with you that What To Expect The Second Year is being released tomorrow! This series will now take you from pregnancy all the way through the second year.
What I love about the What To Expect series is that the books are set up in an easy to read format and are not meant to be read cover to cover if you don’t want to. What Mom has time to read any book cover to cover? You can get the info you need when you want it and browse the other topics whenever you wish.
Walking, talking, picky eating, endless curiosity, bedtime battles, biting, making friends—it’s all covered in a brand-new, easy-to-access, thorough, topic-by-topic format with chapters on growth, feeding, sleeping, learning behaviors of every conceivable kind, discipline, keeping a toddler healthy and safe as he or she takes on the world, and more.
This is an invaluable book that every toddler’s mom needs to have on her bookshelf!
Why we love it: I’ve always been a big fan of the What To Expect series and this new addition doesn’t disappoint. It offers practical advice to moms in need of a little guidance along the often bumpy path of raising a toddler!
Suggestions for improvement: None, I just can’t wait until Heidi comes out with more additions to the series!
Buy It! You can purchase “What To Expect The Second Year” at bookstores nationwide starting tomorrow, April 5th, 2011!
It contains a copy of the book as well as must-have items for any toddler and the parents who love them — board books for inquisitive minds, building blocks and balls to assist with small motor function development, toddler-sized utensils, safety covers to keep the little one safe and, of course, a snuggly stuffed animal.
Here is how to enter to win:
- Visit What To Expect and tell me which area of the site you found most interesting or helpful.
*Remember to include your email address in your comment if it is not visible on your profile or you will be disqualified.
- Subscribe to Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves by Email (not feed)-remember to activate your subscription! Current subscribers count too.
- Follow my blog publicly-Current followers count too!
- Enter any of my other giveaways– Leave a comment saying which giveaway you entered-you may leave a separate comment for each extra giveaway you enter-LIMIT 5 extra entries-this means you enter 5 different giveaways and comment on each one you entered up to 5 max entries.
- Blog about my giveaway and link back to my site-must link to this specific giveaway and include a picture of the prize-Leave the URL where you blogged-3 extra entries
- Grab my button-leave the URL where it is posted
- Grab my Birthday Bash button-leave the URL where it is posted
- Follow Me AND What To Expect’s Author on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway-You may Tweet daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit 1 per day. Copy/Paste this tweet:
Win a What To Expect The 2nd Year Gift Basket $75 Value! #giveaway #mnmamamusthave Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/3fyojaq ends 4/25
Leave the URL where you Tweeted.
- Like Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves on Facebook-leave your facebook name with your comment.
- List this giveaway in the following format (or something similar) on any giveaway linky, site.
MMMH-$75 Gift Basket & What to Expect the Second Year-ends 4/25
One extra entry for each place you list it.
- Update your facebook status with a link to this giveaway. You may update it daily for an extra entry per day that you do it. You can copy and paste the following into your status:
I just entered to win a $75 Gift Basket from @What To Expect When You’re Expecting and @Minnesota Mama’s Must Haves! You can too: http://tinyurl.com/3fyojaq Ends 4/25
Leave me the link to your update and make sure it links to both me and the sponsor (you can do this by following both and selecting us from the list when you type in @)
- Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post (review only posts are great). One entry per comment left.
- Register on the What To Expect Website-2 extra entries
Open to US only. Giveaway ends April 25th at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random.org and announced on this blog as well as emailed. Products reviewed were provided to me free of charge. No compensation was given in exchange for this review. My opinion is my own and is an honest view of my experience with the product. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Email address must be in at least one comment or visible on your profile to win. Good Luck!