Pregnancy is such a miracle. It’s incredible that my body can build a whole other human being! When I got married, my biggest fear was that I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. I worried quite a bit about possibly being infertile and I had a few reasons to worry. My Doctor was uncertain if I’d be able to get pregnant and that worried me immensely. So much so that when we tried to get pregnant with our first child it was six months of trying, with no results when we finally took a break because I had to have a cyst removed from my ovary. When I was recovering and we were no longer trying, that’s when I got pregnant.
I firmly believe that it was because I was no longer stressed out about the possibility of not being able to get pregnant. My mind was turned off and I wasn’t actively worrying about trying to get pregnant. I never thought I was stressed about it but obviously I was wreaking havoc on my body with my worries and once those were set aside, BOOM! I got pregnant with my daughter Danika!
So what can you do to prepare your body for pregnancy? Whether it’s your first or your fourth baby, there are things you can do to prepare your body for pregnancy and be at your most optimal state in order to achieve that positive pregnancy test! Take my tips, after four babies I know what I’m doing! 🙂
- Eat healthy and take care of YOU. Your body needs to be at a healthy state in order to create new life. Eating healthy, sleeping 8 hours a night and exercising all contribute to your overall health and will put your body in a healthy state, ready for pregnancy.
- Take prenatal vitamins. Yes, you should be taking prenatal vitamins BEFORE you get pregnant because you will actually be pregnant before you ever get that positive test result. Babies need folic acid for proper development and this is especially important in the first trimester. Start taking those prenatal vitamins when you begin trying to conceive.
- Don’t forget to have your partner prepare for pregnancy too! This is a 50/50 deal! The male factor is responsible in up to 50% of couples who are experiencing infertility. Smoking, drinking, drugs, stress, poor nutrition, and lack of exercise can all contribute to poor sperm quality so be sure that your husband is also taking good care of his body and his health.
- Just like a woman can take supplements for optimal health, men can take supplements for optimal sperm health. Taking Proxeed Plus can support male reproductive health and sperm quality by providing the nutrients needed for developing sperm. Proxeed Plus is a potent prenatal male fertility supplement that targets specific metabolic functions involved in sperm metabolism and is easy to take. Take twice-a-day by adding the packets of powder (that dissolve easily) into water, juice, fruit smoothies/shakes or other cold beverages. You can find Proxeed Plus online.
- RELAX! It’s so important that you relax and you don’t stress over getting pregnant. It affects you and your ability to get pregnant more than you might imagine.
- Optimal positioning. Help the sperm get to the egg by placing a pillow under your hips so your pelvis tilts back after intercourse. Remain in this position for 15 minutes to ensure that the sperm can swim to the egg and have a better chance of reaching it.
- Track your ovulation cycles. There are only a couple days a month when you can even get pregnant! You need to know when those days are in order to time your intercourse correctly and fertilize that egg! I found the easiest and cheapest way to track when I was ovulating was to use an ovulation microscope like this one (that is the actual one I used personally). It takes a sample of your saliva each morning and you can easily see when you are beginning to ovulate, ovulating and ending ovulation. It is really handy and can be used over and over again unlike the expensive pee on a stick type of ovulation tests.
- Have fun! “Getting pregnant sex” can turn robotic in a hurry. Don’t forget to have fun and relax. I can’t stress enough that you need to relax and just let nature take its course.
- Reproductive endocrinologist and fertility expert Dr. Michael J. Heard addresses some common conception myths in this quick video (check out his whole series!):
The reward is amazing and so, totally worth all the effort to get pregnant! Once that newborn arrives, soak it all in because it will FLY by in a hurry! My youngest is already 9 months old and I miss the days of snuggling my newborn already! I tried my best to soak it all in but no matter how we try, those days go by in a blur. Soak them in and enjoy it all!
Are you trying to conceive? What tips did you use to get pregnant?
Proxeed Plus is a patented prenatal male fertility supplement product specifically designed for sperm health.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Proxeed Plus. The opinions and text are all mine.