October is National Pizza Month and to celebrate Classico asked me if I would be up for creating a new pizza recipe to share with you! I have been crazing pizza a lot with this pregnancy and I was definitely up for the challenge. After much pondering I came up with this chicken bacon pepper pizza and boy did it turn out good! This pizza is amazing and incredibly easy to make, but you don’t have to tell anyone that part! The colored peppers give it that extra kick of flavor that the usual chicken bacon pizza lacks and really who can go wrong with bacon?
You’ll need a pizza crust of your choosing. Make homemade, buy a premade crust or do like I did and get a Pillsbury pizza crust. Next I used the new Classico creamy white pizza sauce which will be available in Spring 2014 as it is a brand new product that I got a special sneak peak (or taste) of! Of course if you are dying to make this recipe now and don’t want to wait for the new white pizza sauce to make it’s debut then you can substitute Classico creamy alfredo sauce with some powdered ranch dressing mixed in! It’s also fantastic!
I also used grilled chicken on my pizza. You can either grill up your own chicken breast or take the easy route and buy Tyson grilled and ready chicken which you can microwave and dice. Same goes for the bacon. You can fry up and chop your own bacon or take the fast route and buy Hormel REAL bacon pieces. I also used fresh mozzarella and colored peppers. Here is the printable Chicken Bacon Pepper Pizza Recipe:
- Pizza crust of your choosing - I used Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- Classico Creamy White Pizza Sauce - or Classico Alfredo sauce and mix with powdered ranch dressing mix
- 3 heaping Tbsp Hormel Real Bacon Pieces or diced bacon
- 1 Cup Grilled Diced Chicken
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- If using the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust then pre-bake the crust until the top is starting to turn golden brown. I made mine on a pizza pizzazz and shut the bottom element off half way through pre-baking so it wouldn't get overdone.
- Top with Classico sauce, mozzarella, peppers, chicken and bacon.
- Cook until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
You can get the new Classico Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce and Traditional Pizza Sauce at a grocery store near you! Look for the new Classico White Pizza Sauce this Spring!! Be sure to visit the Classico site and grab some Classico coupons!