Do you love mangoes or do they intimidate you? If you are anything like me then mangoes are a bit of a mystery fruit to you. I will admit I don’t know much about mangoes nor have I gotten adventurous in the kitchen with them. I’m so excited for the FREE mango class being offered on Twitter by the National Mango Board! They also have a FREE downloadable cookbook full of mango recipes that you can grab now! Don’t those Chipotle Mango Meatballs pictured above look fancy? They are super easy! Grab the recipe at the bottom of this post!
All About Mango Selection and Ripening
- Don’t judge a mango by its color – red does not mean ripe.
- Squeeze gently to judge ripeness.
- A ripe mango will “give” slightly and a firm mango will ripen at room temperature over a few days.
- To speed up ripening, place mangos in a paper bag at room temperature.
- Once ripe, mangos can be moved to the refrigerator to slow down ripening for several days.
Do you cook with mangoes?